The Poke of Bigeye Thuna Recipe from Peixos de Palamos
BIGEYE TUNA (THUNNUS OBESUS)
It starts de Bigeye Tuna season. The bigeye tuna are torpedo-shaped fish, dark above and silvery-white below.
POKE OF BIGEYE TUNA
• ½ lb sushi grade tuna loin, tail or spoon meat
• Sushi rice
• 1 avocado
• Cherry tomatoes
• 2 small cucumbers
• ½ Asian pear
• 2 radishes For Classic Spicy Dressing
• ½ red onion
• 2 green onions
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• 3 tbsp brown sugar
• 3 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp garlic
• 1 tbsp ginger
• 1 tbsp jalapeno
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Prepare fish by dicing it into bite-size pieces. Return fish to the fridge to keep firm until serving. Thinly slice avocado, cucumbers, radishes, and Asian pear. Mince tomatoes.
2. Mince red & green onion, garlic, ginger and jalapeno. In a small bowl, combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Mix well.
3. Place 1-2 scoops of fresh rice in a deep bowl. Arrange equal parts sliced avocado, cucumber, radish, pear, & cherry tomatoes over rice.
4. Combine dressing with fish, coating evenly. Top rice bowl with 1-2 scoops of fish. Garnish with sesame seeds & green onion, if available.